Monday, August 28, 2006

The New Super Mario Bros. Review and Comments

I'm still trying to figure out why they put "the" in "The New Super Mario Bros." I don't know, it just kinda seems weird to me.

Anyway, if you haven't heard or played about this game here are a few reasons why I like it:

1: Excellent sequel to the greatest side scrolling game of all time.
2: The giant mushroom. This thing is so freakin sweet. I love smashing through everything in site, and the smash meter thingy was a nice touch too.
3: Levels are cool and innovative. The multi directional warp pipes are a nice surprise. I’ll leave all the other cool surprises a secret.

There are a few annoying elements like giant fish and the turtle power up, but overall this game is excellent. I’m even tempted to beat it a second time, a feat few games have inspired me to achieve. If you like Mario at all, this is definitely a must play game.

Something You Should Know: Holding down L and R at the “Select a File” screen and pressing A will let you play as Luigi. A neat little thing many Mario games have neglected.

Final Rating: 4/5


New Super Mario Bros. - Pre-Played

No comments: