Tuesday, September 05, 2006

My yet to be titled SCI - Fi story.

Dr. Hatcher worked herself into a frenzy as she poured over the bleeping screen in front of her. “It can’t be!” she thought as she tried to find the will power to resist making that long awaited call to her closest friend and colleague Rachel Burgundy. “I have to” she told herself, “this is the real thing, all I’ve ever hoped for, all I ever dreamed of, it can’t be a mistake this time!”

Jade picked up her phone and dialed Rachel, having to restart at least twice after her clumsy, quaking fingers hit the wrong buttons. As soon as her phone rang Rachel jumped up in her bed and wished for a moment she hadn’t volunteered for night shifts at the lab, relegating her to day sleeping. “Hello” she said with as much anger she could muster while maintaining a friendly voice.

“Rachel, we’ve done it! We’ve made contact.

Rachel moaned threatened “This better not be a mistake Jade, or another one of those stupid pranks those grad students talk you into.”

“No! It’s the real thing, I’ve already run several diagnostics, and the lab in Fukushima confirmed my findings. You have to get dressed right away and get down here as soon as you can. There’s no telling what will happen next!”

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

if you want some info on the new coheed record - please reach out to me - blzjames@sbcglobal.net
thanks